January 19, 2012

Jo'burg Boykes in the HOUSE !

Alex and Leeroy, welcome to the Daylife family !

The first time I met them was at Ghetto Jam, two years ago. They both seemed like poeple with a positive attitude and a creative riding style. It didn't take too long after that, that they found themselves on the team. With constant laughs and their rebel behaviour, you can be assured of having a good time while riding and chilling with them. Ever since I met them, I can't stop eating sand...?


Interviews by James Brawn 
Alex. Huge Bar Spin
Alex Shapiro


Why do you have so much energy?
Well I just get excited with all my friends and riding that I just can’t contain the inner intense infuel train. hahaha. I am just amped a lot and when my brothers Lee and Felix are around energy just appears.  It’s kinda like a banana except it always comes back.
Na na, I lied, haha! Energy comes from the village. Ya, you look tasty!

Why do you look like Bruno Hoffmann?
Well, he looks like me! Hahaha! Nah, I just like stunting the long hair (yeah yeah!) and I like having warm ears so I bet he just has the same ideas. . .

Alex. Super Clicked Look-Back
Tell us something about Leeroy that on-one knows.
Something about Lee… well, let’s see… he used to be a real gansta, rough and tough guy and bmx saved his life. Bmx did that and now look, it’s got him high like up to the moon (hahaha...)


What’s missing in the SA scene?
Organization in comps and a series of comps to promote. The presence of bmx needs to grow again and people need to start putting back in. Oh, and more black guys! Ya! There isn't enough. (hahaha)
Alex. Mega Gap


Alex. Beast Tuck No-Hander




Leeroy. Flip. TheRiot Jam
Leeroy Wildschutt


What’s with the Brad Simms impersonations?
I wish I was that big! hahaha

You were in CT for about 3 days. Did it live up to your expectations?
Cape Town is filled with awesome people. No hating, no fussing, they all just wanna ride and they all shred like monsters! Cape Town is awesome. I’d go live there because beauty is everywhere. I love Cape Town.      

Tell us something about Alex that no-one knows.
Well, one thing about Alex that no one knows is that he is black and he has a silent craving for village food, sand, sand and more sand! Hahaha, nah, Alex has awesome killer talent! I knew him years ago when he couldn’t even wheelie his bike and now he whips my ass when it comes to riding a bmx! He is my homie and my chronie! Haha! He’s a beast
Leeroy. Styling

Best thing about SA Freestyle BMXing and the worst thing about SA freestyle BMXing?
Best thing about SA bmx is, well… I’ve been around for ten years now and only about a year or two ago I could see the riding change. People are pushing harder than ever and I love it! It motivates me to do better as well and a lot of other riders are starting again. So amped!
The worst thing is conflict and haters. People pushing others down instead of encouraging each other. I mean, I’ve been a no one and it isn’t fun when others treat u badly. What’s weird is that some riders forget that they were that kid at a stage in their life. We should support one another. Awe.
Leeroy. Big No-Foot Can

Leeroy. Big Invert in Jacques Fourie's backyard

Leeroy and Alex will be down in Cape Town again for Ultimate X. Stay tuned for more action.



No comments:

Post a Comment